Pithapur Rajah’s College, Kakinada ranks among the earliest institutions of Higher Education in South India. It is located in East Godavri District of Andhra Pradesh. P.R.College was established in August, 1884 by Sri Rajah Rao Venkata Mahipathi, Gangadhara Rama Rao, Bahadur. First it was started as a middle school, and became a full fledged College. The present District Central Library, Super Bazar and DEO’s Office were part of P.R College campus once.